|Full Name||Edward John Baddeley|
|Born|| July 16, 1933|
Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England, UK
Edward John Baddeley (born 16 July 1933 Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England) is a British actor. Apart from his work in the theatre in the provinces and the West End, he is also notable for his work with the BBC and as voice-over artist. Baddeley was the voice of PPA and Number Two in Star Fleet.
Baddeley is perhaps most well known for his roles as Top Hat and Zip from TUGS (1989), the short-lived sister series of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends and the UK Version of Dennis the Menace as Dennis' Dad and The Colonel. He is also known for the narration voice of Winston Churchill in the 2003 series.
He has also worked as a voice coach and director for Teddington Theatre Club. His autobiography Double Take was published in 2009.
John is an active member of the Stage Golf Society.
- Swizzlewick (1964) as Vincent Salt
- Wednesday Play: Cathy Come Home (1966) as Housing Officer
- The Man in Room 17 (1966) as Bert
- Coronation Street (1967) as Douglas Preston
- Doctor at Large (1971) as Dr. McDougall
- Z-Cars (1972) as Raymond Harrop
- Woodstock (1973) as Roger Wildrake
- Tarzoon: Shame of the Jungle (1975) as Additional Voices
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1978) as Bird Two and Footwarrior
- A Fine Romance (1981) as Customer
- Star Fleet (1982) as PPA
- The Dark Crystal (1982) as Historian
- Alfred J. Kwak (1989) as Henk, Professor Buffon and Ollie the Stork
- TUGS (1989) as Top Hat and Zip
- Dark Myth (1990) as Hayato
- Shakespeare: The Animated Tales (1992) as Lennox
- Oscar's Orchestra (1994) as Monty the Violin
- Dennis the Menace and Gnasher (1996) as Dennis' Dad and The Colonel
- Asterix & Obelix vs. Caesar (1999) as Getafix
- The Infinite Worlds of H. G. Wells (2001) as Butler Hodges
- The Magic of the Faraway Tree (2002) as Moonface
- Churchill (2003) as Winston Churchill
- John Baddeley at the Internet Movie Database