|Full Name|| John Lee (EN)|
Bigman Lee (JP)
|Affiliation(s)||Earth Defence Forces|
|First Appearance||Scramble X-Bomber|
|Last Appearance||A New Beginning for the Galaxy|
|Voice Actor(s)|| JP: Naoki Tatsuta|
EN: Mark Rolston
John "Fatty" Lee (Bigman Lee ビッグマン・リー) is the third and final chosen pilot of X-Bomber, in charge of radar and communications systems.
Stuck in a butterball body topped with carrot coloured hair cut in a pudding basin style, and lumbered with the voice of a village idiot, Lee amply fills the stereotype of comic relief fall guy. Tolerant and fairly laid back with a gentle nature, he provides a balance to his more hot headed friends.
Like Shiro and Barry, Lee was assigned to the X-Bomber fresh from the Academy, taking charge of communications and radar spotting. He assists Shiro in piloting the combined Dai-X, taking control of the legs section – LegTrax. Apart from eating while on duty, Lee's only other fault is that he will often fall asleep while on duty.
John Lee comes across as a little cowardly, dumpy and depressive and is very much there for the comic relief side of things. He has the largest appetite among the crew and cannot help eating whenever he is worried. Despite this, Lee is an able fighter, and apart from that, apparently a good cook; being one of the "many things he excels in with his usual modesty".
His happy-go-lucky personality helps him along considerably when, quite often, he's caught in the middle of the rivalry between Hercules and Shiro. Usually, it's Lee who breaks up fights between the two when things come to a boiling point. He generally attempts to cheer his friends up when they're down. Lee generally gets on their nerves however, due to him leaving his clothes hanging around in their sleeping quarter.
- Mark Rolston (English Dub)
- Naoki Tatsuta (Japanese Dub)
- Toshio Furukawa (Japanese Dub; Pilot)
- Frédéric Pieretti (French Dub)
- Liù Bosisio (Italian Dub)
- Abdul Rahman (Arabic Dub)
- His Japanese name may be a reference to John "Bigman" Jones from Isaac Asminov's 1951 science fiction novel David Starr, Space Ranger. His English name may also be a reflection of that, sharing the name John.
- Lee is called Leo in the French version, Ryu in the Italian version and Replete in the Arabic version.
- John Lee is actor Mark Rolston's first acting credit. Rolston would go on to enjoy a long career in film, with notable roles in films such as Aliens (1986), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Departed (2006) and Saw V (2008)